[protege-owl] WG: reasoner

Mudunuri, Raj Raj.Mudunuri at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Sep 7 09:24:51 PDT 2006

Hi nini,

Sorry for the late... I'm not sure whether you can achieve what you want in Protégé-Owl... it is not possible to associate cardinality restrictions to data type properties, except making them functional... that is, you cannot use a data type property like hasID in the following way... "Student => hasID min 3 ID", where Student and ID are concepts... You can only use object type properties while defining the concepts... I think this is a kind of restriction in OWL DL to keep the semantics reasonable for the reasoners... may be some DLers can comment on this...

Btw, do you mean functional restriction when you say =1 cardinality restriction? I defined it in that way in the ontology attached to this mail... I think you can achieve what you want with the help of SWRL rules... may be some SWRL experts can comment on this...

Cheers,

Raj