[protege-owl] can I run SWRL rules without JESS somehow?

Holger Knublauch holger at knublauch.com
Thu Sep 7 14:36:58 PDT 2006

Hi Bill,

not sure why no one else responds here (I am also interested in more
opinions).

As far as I know, Pellet has some SWRL support now (but you would need
to follow up on their discussion lists).

Of, if you are not bound to SWRL itself, you could also use the Jena
Rules engine, which has very similar expressivity.  The Jena rules
language is of course not a standard, but SWRL is also not leading
anywhere right now.  It is also possible to map SWRL rules into the Jena
format.

The Jena server is down right now so I cannot send you the link.

Holger
TopQuadrant, Inc.
http://www.topbraidcomposer.com
http://composing-the-semantic-web.blogspot.com/