[protege-owl] Bug ? Hiding identifyers for owl classes with set lang attributes for rdfs:labels does not work for owl-imported ontologies

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:22:26 PDT 2006

Daniel,

I did answer your email on the 08.08.2006, maybe you did not see the
answer. I am attaching it below for your information.
If you still think that there is a bug, please send me a small example
ontology where the bug is shown and a description on how you expect it
to behave.

Cheers,
Tania

Daniel,

I am not sure I understood your email right. I don't see where the bug
is. The browser slots are working fine (at least according to the way
they are implemented). The documentation about the browser slots is here:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HidingIdentifiersWithLabelsInOWLPlugin

The rules that Protege uses for setting  the browser text are the
following:

- if no browser slot is set -> use class name (value of slot :NAME)
- if browser slot is set to rdfs:label and
  1. there is no default language set ->.
           - Use the value of  rdfs:label with no lang as display slot.
           - If rdfs:label with no lang is not defined at the class, use
the class name
  2. there is a default language set (in the Metadata Tab, as described
in the wiki):
          - Use the rdfs:label for the language, if defined at class
           - If it is not defined at class, use the rdfs:label with no lang
           - If rdfs:label with no lang is not defined, then use the
class name.

Tania