[protege-owl] can I run SWRL rules without JESS somehow?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Thu Sep 7 17:36:17 PDT 2006

For the moment I think that you need to use Jess.  But it is claimed
that it is very easy to build bridges to different rule engines and
there is apparently a development effort underway to get another SWRL
rule engine bridge.