[protege-owl] Remove JessTab instances from projects

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 7 18:01:33 PDT 2006

Antonio,

The JessTab does create some classes (such as ":JESS-RULE"), when you
start it with a frames ontology and stores instances of rules in the
ontology if you enable the "save rules in knowledge base" option. But as
far as I know, it does no create these internal classes and instances,
if you start it with an OWL ontology. How did you get them in the OWL
ontology? Maybe it helps if you describe the steps you did when
activating the Jess tab.

An alternative for describing and executing rules in OWL ontologies is
the SWRLTab (http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLTab), which is
under very active development. However, you will need to use the latest
Protege 3.2 beta, because it does not work with Protege 3.1.

Tania