[protege-owl] R: reasoner error

Paolo Giuseppe De Luca p.deluca at
Fri Sep 8 07:36:08 PDT 2006

(indepentently from what Michel and Massimo say)
I experienced that if you have an individual with datatype property asserted
on empty value you can get that DIG Reasoner error. HAve you any individual?
Then if in your owl file you have somethig like

instead of
<your_datataype_property>somedata here</your_datataype_property>

you'll get that error.

bye Again

  -----Messaggio originale-----
  Da: protege-owl-bounces at
[mailto:protege-owl-bounces at]Per conto di Daniel Goergen
  Inviato: venerdì 8 settembre 2006 11.26
  A: protege-owl at
  Oggetto: [protege-owl] reasoner error

  when i try to run racer pro I always get: DIG Reasoner Error: Only
integers, floats, booleans, or strings expected as values. [ID: ]

  I wasn´t able to figure out what that means.

  Another question: When I use datatype properties like hasName (string)
does this automatically mean my ontology is in OWL-Full?

  Is is correct that with OWL-DL you can´t tag restrict a datatype property
to be "single required"?

  sorry for asking so much questions