[protege-owl] isValidType()

james.wiley at adelphia.net james.wiley at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 11 13:21:09 PDT 2006

What on earth is Protege doing with datatype properties?  I have specified a datatype property with range xsd:long, but when I try to use the OWL API to set the datatype property to a Long object, an exception is thrown.  I traced the problem to the isValidType method in ArgumentCheckingFrameStore which only accepts Float, String, Integer, Boolean or Frame.  Why would I be able to set the limit the type and not be able to set the property to that type?  There seems to be a serious mapping problem between valid XSD types and Java types.  What can I do to remedy this situation.  I have an ontology that requires the use of longs (and doubles) and currently they are not supported.