[protege-owl] Loading an OWL / RDF database project

katja katja-bayer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 12 07:57:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to load an OWL / RDF database project using the Protege OWL API.
I tried

”Project prj = Project.loadProjectFromFile(file, errors)”

as suggested earlier to get the pprj file, but I don't know how to modify
the ontology using the prj object. Don’t I need an instance of OWLModel to
modify the Ontology? Is it possible to use the OWLDatabaseModel Class to
load, change and save the ontology in the database? In the "The Protégé-OWL
API - Programmer's Guide"
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html) it is said that
while using the OWL Files mode (class JenaOWLModel) or the OWL Database mode
(class OWLDatabaseModel) which "both operate on the same core interface
OWLModel", the "programmer does not have to care whether the class is
physically created in a database or only kept in memory", but it isn't said
how to use the class OWLDatabaseModel.

Thanks a lot!
Katja