[protege-owl] classification of primitive concepts

R. Cornet r.cornet at
Tue Sep 12 10:43:04 PDT 2006

> A collegue strongly feels that only defined concepts can be classified
> with DL.

Only defined conceps can be used to classify other concepts.
The example you define is correct.

> - class A is a subclass of (exists r.B)
> - class C is defined by (exists r.B)

Then A will be classified as a subclass of C

More concrete: a black bird is defined as a bird that has a black color
a blackbird is a subclass of a bird that has a black color

A blackbird will be classified as a black bird.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ronald