[protege-owl] Loading an OWL / RDF database project

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 12 19:02:58 PDT 2006

Katja,

This is true, it doesn't matter whether the ontology is stored in a file
or in a database, the API used for accessing the ontology is the same.
You can get an OWLModel object by calling the

Project prj = Project.loadProjectFromFile(file, errors);
OWLModel owlModel = (OWLModel)prj.getKnowledgeBase();

You can call all Protege OWL API methods on the owlModel object. The above methods work both for file and database backend.

I hope this helps.

Tania