[protege-owl] someValuesFrom and allowable instances

Park, Jeahyun jhpark at islab.hanyang.ac.kr
Fri Sep 15 04:18:31 PDT 2006

Dimitris

Because you fixed the class C2 to the range of the property P, Protege will
show only the class C2 in the individual widget.
Of course, someValuesFrom's range is denoted as the class C3. But, you
cannot connect with any instances of the class C3
for the range of the property P if you were using the Protege.
SomeValuesFrom is just a restriction, but range is a part of the  schema.
The latter seems to be more stronger than the former.

However, if the ontology already had an instance having an instance of C3 as
the range of P (You may manipulate the ontology manually, e.g. by notepad),
you could create a project with the instances as it is. It's not erroneous.
It may be correctly inferred as an instance of the class C1.

news:BAY112-F113E7C7D6F60C22257D88DC32E0 at phx.gbl...