[protege-owl] My new plugin isn't showed

Papapanagiotou Petros std01092 at di.uoa.gr
Tue Sep 19 11:44:10 PDT 2006

The number 1 reason why the plugin wouldn't show in the list (even
though it appears to have been loaded the way you descibe) for me was
some error in the Manifest file.
The manifest file should exist within a "meta-inf" folder inside the jar
file and named "MANIFEST.MF". You can compare the structure with one of
the other default plugins (just open the respective jar file with a zip
program).
Its contents seem fine but its correct location is of equal importance!

The "CONFIG: Loaded plugin net.mcoletti.protege.velocity - Velocity Tab"
line only indicates that the plugin folder and plugin.properties file
(which is outside the jar file) have been located/parsed, NOT that the
plugin code has been loaded correctly. (You can verify that by actually
removing everything else except the folder itself and the
plugin.properties file! :P )

Note that if the plugin is loaded correctly but has errors in the code
it will appear at the bottom of the "Project->Configure" list in italics
(along with the tabs whose isSuitable method returned false) so you
might also want to double check it doesn't appear there - at the bottom.

I hope I've helped, cause really nothing else seems to be wrong!

Be well,
Papapanagiotou Petros