[protege-owl] Best Practice for multilingual ontologies

Olivier Dameron olivier.dameron at univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Sep 20 08:28:35 PDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:53:02 +0200, "Schentz Herbert"
<herbert.schentz at umweltbundesamt.at> wrote:

> In OWL there are a lot of different possibilities to express
> multilingual ontologies. Is there any best practice for that use
> case ?

I am not sure if it is a best practice, but I would tend to
modularize as much as possible:
- you ontology in one file (or several, with one that imports
everything): eg myOntology.owl
- each language-specific in a separate file that imports the ontology
one: myOntology-en.owl, myOntology-fr.owl, myOntology-de.owl, ... each
one imports myOntology.owl

my 0.02euros
Olivier