[protege-owl] Best Practice for multilingual ontologies

Steven Wartik swartik at ida.org
Wed Sep 20 08:42:23 PDT 2006

Oliver,

I agree with your idea about modularization. I am curious to know why
you would have myOntology-??.owl import myOntology.owl, rather than the
other way around. If myOntology.owl imports myOntology-en.owl,
myOntology-fr.owl, etc. then everyone can reference a single URI, yet
still have access to the ontology in their preferred language.

Your thoughts?

Steve Wartik