[protege-owl] Best Practice for multilingual ontologies

Schentz Herbert herbert.schentz at umweltbundesamt.at
Wed Sep 20 22:51:18 PDT 2006

Thanks Olivier, thanks Steve!

I learned through your discussion, that there are a lot of different things I have to take into account. Thank you for that!  I think I have to be aware of "incomplete" languages, not containing translations for all concepts and we will, even in Europe have some sort of "Master Language" (English and Latin for some concepts).

Did I get you right, that I should work with separate classes and instances for each language, setting them equivalent, and not with (dc-) annotations, because you can not reason against annotations ? (I know that there are problems in graphical displays and searching of annotations)

regards

Herbert Schentz
IT-Entwicklung
IT-Development