[protege-owl] accessing ontologies in different network drives

Mudunuri, Raj Raj.Mudunuri at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Sep 21 08:33:17 PDT 2006

Hi,

I can access the owl ontology in my local machine with the following line,

final String ONTOLOGY_URL = "file:///C:/Programme/Protege_3.2_beta/SampleProtocol_classified.owl";

while trying to use the java classes from Protégé API... but how to access the owl ontology if I'm working on machine A and if the owl ontology and Protégé API are in the other network drive I:/ ??

I tried final String ONTOLOGY_URL = "file:///I:/Programme/Protege_3.2_beta/SampleProtocol_classified.owl"; but it didn't work... does Protégé server help in this case? Any idea of how to access Protégé API and owl ontologies on a different machines, not through http:// but maybe ftp or anyother method!

thanx,

Raj