[protege-owl] Multiple Necessary & Sufficient blocks.

Aaron Mitchell am283298 at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 21 11:37:24 PDT 2006

Protege/Racer do not seem to work well with multiple necessary & sufficient
blocks.  If we start with:

    <owl:Class rdf:ID="Listable">
        <owl:equivalentClass>
            <owl:Restriction>
                <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#hasNext"/>
                <owl:minCardinality rdf:datatype="&xsd;int">1</owl:minCardinality>
            </owl:Restriction>
        </owl:equivalentClass>
        <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="#Anti-content"/>
        <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="#Content"/>
    </owl:Class>

Then we add an additional necessary & sufficent clause:

    <owl:Class rdf:ID="Listable">
        <owl:equivalentClass>
            <owl:Restriction>
                <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#hasNext"/>
                <owl:minCardinality rdf:datatype="&xsd;int">1</owl:minCardinality>
            </owl:Restriction>
        </owl:equivalentClass>
        <owl:equivalentClass>
            <owl:Restriction>
                <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#hasPrevious"/>
                <owl:minCardinality rdf:datatype="&xsd;int">1</owl:minCardinality>
            </owl:Restriction>
        </owl:equivalentClass>
        <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="#Anti-content"/>
        <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="#Content"/>
    </owl:Class>

Any attempt to classify or check check for consistent concepts fails with:

DIG Reasoner Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same
entity.

This error doesn't add up.  The difference included above is the only difference
in the two source files.  I can recreate this behavior over and over again.

--
Aaron Mitchell <am283298 at ohiou.edu>