[protege-owl] Relating single instance to all instances of given class

Hugo Ferreira hmf at inescporto.pt
Tue Sep 26 07:38:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have the following modelling problem: I have two concepts "Catalogue"
and "Clothes". I also have a property "describes" that allows me to
relate a catalogue to a product. So I can describe the situation where
"Catalogue-x-ware" describes the product "x-men suits". Unfortunately we
also have documents that describe all products of any given class. In
other words I may have a "Catalogue-super-hero-garments" that not only
describes "x-men wear" but also "super-man cape", "bat-man shorts" and
"'The Flash' tights".

Now my question is this: how should I model the above so that "Peter
Parker" [1] can add not only his very specific "Catalogue of spider
costumes" that show off his "spider garments" selection but also add a
new "Catalogue-super-slick-hero-garments" that also points to "x-men
wear", "super-man cape", "bat-man shorts", "'The Flash' tights" and
"spider garments"?

I would like Parker to be able declare the fact that
"Catalogue-super-slick-hero-garments" describes all available super hero
clothing simply by asserting this facts because no user will be able to
manipulate the schema (no matter how much of a hero he or she is). Note
also that I assume that "Catalogue-super-hero-garments" must also
"describe" the newly added "spider garments". What is the best way to do
this?

TIA,
Hugo Ferreira.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man