[protege-owl] (no subject)

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 26 10:19:18 PDT 2006

Amal,

I am sorry that my answer was confusing.  Ontology imports are supported
for the files backend (so, if you load the ontology from an OWL file).
This means, that if you use the OWL files backend, you can use the SWRL
editor.

However, imports are not working with OWL database backend (so, you
cannot import an OWL database into another).
This means that you cannot activate the SWRL Editor if you are using the
OWL database backend. We are working on adding import capabilities for
the database backend in the near future.

Until then, you can use Protege OWL and the SWRL Editor with the files
backend.

Tania