[protege-owl] using API to create asserted type on individual

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:31:37 PDT 2006

Dale,

You can use the addRDFType method from the OWLIndividual interface to
add a type to an OWL individual.

The javadoc for the Protege OWL API is here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease_javadoc_owl/

We also have an extensive guide for using the Protege OWL API here:
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html

Restrictions, such as  "hasBinding exactly 0", are added to the classes,
rather than to the individuals. The OWL Guide shows examples how you can
do this.

I hope this helps.

Tania