[protege-owl] Building a simple Ontology .... From Where to Begin ?

Cleiton Reis cperes.reis at
Thu Sep 28 13:05:48 PDT 2006

Hi !

I am starting to work with Protégé OWL-API, and getting involved in a
project of pervasive computing for my graduation degree, and I need to
do the following :

- Each node has a pair of sensors that will generate a info for
example ( Memory Amount, CPU Info etc ...).

- A Small ontology will be generated from each of this sensors.

- After a time period I will go to compose these some small
ontologies, in a single ontology of that whole node, that it will
represent the ontology of context of that node on that time.

So I need :

- Generate small ontologies  (Eg.  mem.owl, cpu.owl  etc ....)
- Compose a single "big" ontology with these litle ontologies.

This is possible to do with protege-owl-api ?

>From where to begin  ?

I am feeling a little confused consulting the JavaDoc documentation,
There are many class and methods and I don't know for where to

doesn't exists complete examples that beginners like me can use to
initiate the learning in the API...

Thanks in advance.