[protege-owl] Sparql and subclasses

Marisa Santos Amaro marisa.osantos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 08:01:07 PDT 2007

Hi, dear friends from OWL list !!

I have some doubts about SPARQL and RACER running to query a Protege
ontology.
1) SPARQL
In the ontology below, SPARQL shows me only asserted instances of first
level classes (like I3)and instances of subclasses located  at the second
level of hierarchical model,  like I1 and  I2.
- Class A
    > Class A1
    > Class A2  >> I1
- Class B >>  I3
    > Class B1
    > Class B2 >> I2
        > Class B21    >> I4
                              >> I5
I´d like to get all instances of Class B and of its subclasses, in all
levels down, but the following query returns just I2 and I3. The instances
I4 and I5 of Class B21 (a second level subclass) are not selected.
  SELECT   ?z
  WHERE  {?x    rdfs:subClasOf    :ClassB  .
                 {?z    a   ?x}    UNION
                 {?z    a   :ClassB}  }
2) RACER
Running this reasoner, why it do not put asserted instances of ClassB21 as
inferred ones of classes ClassB1 and ClassB ?

Thanks for any help.

Marisa.