[protege-owl] Saving ontology with inferred instances

Chema . chema.ar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:13:55 PDT 2007

Hi Marisa:

In the OWLClasses tab you can select inferred view (top-right), and then
appears a new window (SubClass Explorer) inside this tab showing inferred
hierarchy, also a button is offered us to save the inferred ontology
(previously you should use the menu options to check consistency, inferred
types and classify taxonomy) .

I suggest you save this ontology as "name.owl" and after, load this file
with the open wizard "creating a new project from existing resources"

On other hand, I recommend  you use pellet[1] as reasoner, it is open source
(source code is available) and works fine.

Using Jena[2] requires create a new Java program, load ontologies, etc. is
too heavy if you just need save the new ontology, nevertheless If you need
examples I could send you some of them.

Bye, Chema.

[1] http://pellet.owldl.com/
[2] http://jena.sourceforge.net/