[protege-owl] How to define a "meta" property.

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Apr 2 09:52:04 PDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Nicolas Museux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to define a "meta property" with a range of owl:Class.
> Actually, i would like a range more specific.
> I have A and B classes. What i want is to be able to create an
> individual of A, which has a property with "B" as value (not an
> individual of B).
>
> So, how can i define a range owl:Class reduced to the class B?

Make the range of the class be the set {B}.

Note that this does not allow subclasses of B as values, but only the
exact class B.

The other approach is to introduce additional metaclasses, for
example MC, and make B an instance of MC, restrict the range of your
metaproperty to MC.  If subclasses of B are also instances of MC,
then you can also get subclasses.