[protege-owl] Query: Subclasses or Sibling

william fitzgerald wfitzgerald at tssg.org
Tue Apr 3 02:32:25 PDT 2007

Hi Ronald,

I would have thought that you wouldn't need to do this.

That is, you defined a class of anonymous individuals that have
relationships to other individuals of other classes. hence any instance
of a class then must comply with those class restrictions in order to be
a member.

so a Class RonaldPizza that has relationship restrictions as follows:
\exist hasTopping Cheese \sqcap
\exist hasTopping Tomato \sqcap
\forall hasTopping(Cheese \sqcup Tomato)

So RonaldPizza is restricted to having Cheese and Tomato and only those
toppings. if an instance or individual is a member of this class then it
must comply with those restrictions. And it complies with different
levels of compliance based on RoanldPizza been primitive or complete.

So an instance ronpizza1 of RonaldPizza when placed in your mouth must
only have a taste of tomato and cheese and nothing else.

Hence no need to close off instances per say.

Agree?

--
William M. Fitzgerald,
PhD Student,