[protege-owl] annotation properties, datatype properties, and object properties in OWL

Angus Roberts a.roberts at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 03:02:46 PDT 2007

Hi

I think this is the bug reported at:

http://www.co-ode.org/mantis/view.php?id=266

The OWL spec says, section 7.1:

"OWL Full does not put any constraints on annotations in an ontology.
OWL DL allows annotations on classes, properties, individuals and
ontology headers, but only under the following conditions:

The sets of object properties, datatype properties, annotation
properties and ontology properties must be mutually disjoint. Thus, in
OWL DL dc:creator cannot be at the same time a datatype property and an
annotation property."

see:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#Header

thanks