[protege-owl] Query: Subclasses or Sibling

John Goodwin John.Goodwin at ordnancesurvey.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 03:55:08 PDT 2007

> > Hi John,
> >
> > Will the ontology be still in OWL-DL?
> >
> > stating a class is also an individual [Pizza1 = oneOf{pizza1}] I think
> > is out of scope of DL.
> >
> > Maybe I am misunderstanding you.
>
> Sorry - probably should have used a different name for the class and
> instance (and not just capitalised the class name) to make it clear. So I
> really want to say:
>
> Pizza1 = oneOf(mypizza)
> Then:
>
> Pizza1 subclassOf hasTopping only (Cheese or Tomato)
>
> I only do it this way to get round editing limitations in Protégé 3.x as
> there is no way to directly say

Although, as Matthew points out, there is a plug-in that lets you.

John

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU