[protege-owl] annotation properties, datatype properties, and object properties in OWL

Jethro Borsje jethro at
Tue Apr 3 04:59:17 PDT 2007

Hi there,

> I think this is the bug reported at:
Alright, to bad it isn't fixed after 1,5 years.

> The OWL spec says, section 7.1:
> "OWL Full does not put any constraints on annotations in an ontology.
> OWL DL allows annotations on classes, properties, individuals and
> ontology headers, but only under the following conditions:
> The sets of object properties, datatype properties, annotation
> properties and ontology properties must be mutually disjoint. Thus, in
> OWL DL dc:creator cannot be at the same time a datatype property and an
> annotation property."
> see:
Yes I understand, it's valid OWL full. However, it's still not valid
OWL-DL, but when I create an OWL-DL ontology using Protégé, I get the
exact same error.

Best regards,
Jethro Borsje