[protege-owl] Query: Subclasses or Sibling

Ronald Cornet r.cornet at
Wed Apr 4 23:14:29 PDT 2007

> > I do think that closed-world reasoning tends to be more of an issue
> > when dealing with instances than with concept subsumption, since I
> > don't think there are any class subsumption inferences that require
> > knowing that the current set of fillers is the complete set.  That
> > seems to me to be more of an instance-level concern.

Good point.
One potential counterexample is the VegetarianPizza.
It puts a kind of closure (all toppings are not meat).

In general, it seems as if negation introduces some kind of closure.
I will think of more examples in which closure makes sense in concept definitions...