[protege-owl] Inferring using Fact ++

Arshan arshan_v at
Thu Apr 5 09:42:46 PDT 2007

Dear All

I am using Protege 3.2.1 and FaCT++ 1.1.4.

I have defined one class in my taxonomy, called Person. I defined only one
property called fatherOf which is transitive. I set its Domain and Range as

Then I defined three individuals:

Jack is fatherOf Peter
Peter is fatherOf David.

I click classify taxonomy. Fact++ window opens and runs without problems.

Then I run the following query in SPARQL window:

Prefix kb:  <>
Select ?m ?n
Where {?m kb:fatherOf ?n.

I see as the result
Jack fatherof Peter
Peter fatherof David

But I do not see Jack father of David. Even though father of is transitive and
I have run the reasoner before querying.

Could you please help me?  I extremely appreciate your help .

Thank you in advance