[protege-owl] Inferring using Fact ++

Chema . chema.ar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:15:19 PDT 2007

Hi Arshan, this topic was commented a few days ago, the problem is that
sparql in protege works with the open model of ontologies, only classes and
instances defined by user.
If you use a reasoner to extract inferred instances, classes o relations can
not be fetched by sparql engine.

The solution is close the model and then run queries but i think that
protege doesn't let this feature so your query with sparql doesn't obtain
the expected result.

My suggestions are:

1-Only Protege, the first approach to run this queries is saved the inferred
ontology as "name.owl" and after load it with the menu "Creating project
from existing resources", this ontology contains inferred and declared
instances or classes. Now, sparql engine can be perform your query.

2-Only Protege, In previous thread, an user commented that Queries tab let
us make this queries if the need of save the inferred ontology. I have not
tested it.

3-No Protege, If you need this kind of queries to be used inside a program I
suggest you use Jena with reasoners as Pellet or Racer and Arq to get data,
the problem, in that case, is that you should pogramme in Java, but you can
close the model.

Bye, Chema.