[protege-owl] relationship between properties

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 6 14:46:13 PDT 2007

The answer depends on how you decide to model the information in table
and what exactly you are asking. If you decide to model the first three
columns using a Product class with an object property hasComponent with
a range of class Component, which, in turn, has a hasProperty object
property with a range of class Property, you can write something like:

Product(?p1) ^ Product(?p2) and differentFrom(?p1, ?p2) ^
hasComponent(?p1, ?c1) ^ hasComponent(?p2, ?c2) ^ hasProperty(?c1,
?prop1) ^ hasProperty(?c2, ?prop2) ^ sameAs(?prop1, ?prop2) -> ... do
something ...

This rule with find pairs of products that have components that have the
same properties. All individuals of class Product must be explicitly
declared different using the owl:allDifferents restriction for this rule
to work.

Using the SWRLQueryTab, you can display these products in a table:

Product(?p1) ^ Product(?p2) and differentFrom(?p1, ?p2) ^
hasComponent(?p1, ?c1) ^ hasComponent(?p2, ?c2) ^ hasProperty(?c1,
?prop1) ^ hasProperty(?c2, ?prop2) ^ sameAs(?prop1, ?prop2) ->
query:select(?p1, ?p2)

Martin

SWRLTab: http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLTab