[protege-owl] ClassCastException when loading ontology

Matthew Donaldson matthew_protege at datadeliverance.com
Sat Apr 7 06:14:10 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to load a Terrorism ontology in OWL format
(http://www.mindswap.org/dav/ontologies/terrorism.owl) into Protege 3.3 beta,
and I'm getting several ClassCastExceptions.  The first relates to
DefaultOWLNamedClass.  I'm not sure what the best way is to narrow down the
problem from here.  Here's part of the stack trace:

SEVERE: Error at loading file
file:/var/disk2/home/matthew/projects/Ontology/terrorism.owl --
java.lang.ClassCastException:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultOWLNamedClass
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.RDFPropertyPostProcessor.<init>(Unknown

Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.TripleChangePostProcessor.postProcess(Unknown

Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.AbstractTripleStoreModel.endTripleStoreChanges(Unknown

Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.loadTriples(Unknown
Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown Source)
         at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown Source)
         at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown

Source)
         at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadDomainKB(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.createDomainKnowledgeBase(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.CreateOWLProjectFromFilePlugin.createProject(Unknown

Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.useCreateProjectFromFilePlugin(Unknown

Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProjectFromFile(Unknown Source)
         at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProject(Unknown
Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.getRequestedProject(Unknown Source)
         at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown Source)

Thanks

                   -Matthew

| Matthew Donaldson             http://www.datadeliverance.com             |
| Data Deliverance Pty. Ltd.    Email: matthew at datadeliverance.com         |
| 30 Musgrave Ave.              Phone: +61 8 8265 7976            _        |
| Banksia Park                  Fax:   +61 8 8265 0032     John  / \/      |
| South Australia 5091                                     3:16  \_/\      |