[protege-owl] How to assign NULL (un-assigne an instance) in SWRL rule?

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at
Wed Apr 11 12:11:46 PDT 2007

SWRL (or OWL) do not support retraction at the language level. An
OWL+SWRL ontology is a logical model and if SWRL statements in that
model cause assertions to be made that contradict previous assertions
then the model in inconsistent.

Also, there is no null in OWL: an individual either has a particular
property with a value or it does not - there is no empty value.