[protege-owl] com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.ARP.getHandlers()

Thang Duong protegeinfo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 10:19:19 PDT 2007

With the help of Timothy Redmond and Samson Tu, I solved my trouble: set
plugins directory when we run java files using ProtegeOWL

- replaced old protege files by new protege files.
- run program with jvm options : -Dprotege.dir=the path of protege directory

When I overcomed plugins trouble, the program alert "It needs
test.repository file". So i use protege 3.2.1 to create
test.repositoryfile. However, I realized that the file
test.owl changed when i create repository by using the part of importing
ontology in metadata tab. Test.owl file changed from 586 kb to 395 kb.

So i wonder is the content of the new test.owl file different from the old
test.owl file ? May I use it in the project or reuse the old test.owl file
in project ?

And I still have had an error:

INFO: Loading triples
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.arp.ARP.getHandlers
()Lcom/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/arp/ARPHandlers;
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.createARP(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.loadTriples(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(Unknown
Source)
        at ontology.OntologyFilter.<init>(OntologyFilter.java:54)
        at semanticweb.Web$1.run(Web.java:51)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(
EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(
EventDispatchThread.java:163)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java
:157)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java
:149)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

I checked the source string - URI - pointing test.owl file with pattern  "
file:///D:/SemanticWeb/lib/test.owl", but the program didn't know about the
resource. So it made the above error.

Have you had any ideas about this problem ?

Duong Quoc Thang