[protege-owl] Defined class problem

Denis denis_palas at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 06:56:47 PDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to create equal classes by using necessary and sufficient. What I
am trying to say is that if something sells books, it must be a bookshop. So
if I run pellet, I need all instances of both my classes BookShop and
BookStore to show under each class. But I am facing problems.

Below are the steps I have followed:

I have 3 classes, BookStore, BookShop and Book.
Book is disjoint with BookStore.
Book is disjoint with BookShop.

I have a property sells : Domain is BookShop and Range is Book.

I have two instances, Book1 and BookShop1.

Then I have created a restriction for class BookStore , using property sells
and chose Book class and has values from Class B.

Then I used closure axiom on the above restricted and ended up with the
following about my BookStore Class:

sells some Book
sells only Book

Then I made BookStore a defined Class.

When I run pellet, I get inferred individual of BookShop1 under my defined
class BookStore, but not vice versa (if I have instance of BookStore does not
appear under BookShop).

I would extremely appreciate if anyone could explain to me what should I do to
fix this problem and tell me what is the best way to implement this feature.

Thank you
Denis