[protege-owl] fonctionnel properties and the reuse of instances

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Apr 18 08:34:27 PDT 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Zemirline Nadjet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a concept with a fonctionnel property (domaine User, range
> Document),
> when I want to reuse the same instance of one document with another
> instance of User,
> but with protégé, I have remarked that the instance of document
> with the first User was dropped and was given to the other,

Do you have an inverse functional property defined as well that goes
from Document to User?  That would explain this behavior.

Otherwise, you should be able to have multiple users connect via a
functional property to a single instance.

> Why we can't reuse instances ?

The only thing that comes to mind is that there is an inverse
property that is also functional, and that is what is causing your
link to disappear.