[protege-owl] Question in restriction of individuals

Lisa lisa_gh81 at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Apr 19 07:20:40 PDT 2007

Dear All

I have the below classes :

Consequent  (under this I have individual con1)

Antecedent   (under this I have individuals ant1 and ant2)

ConsequentType  (under this I have contype1)

AntecedentType   (under this I have anttype1, anttype2)

Rule  (under this I have R1)

Properties :

con1 isOFCType contype1
ant1 isOFAType anttype1
ant2 isOFAType anttype2

I have defined 3 classes with the following properties :
defined class C1 : isOFCType has contype1 (with hasValue)
defined class A1 : isOFCType has anttype1 (with hasValue)
defined class A2 : isOFCType has anttype2 (with hasValue)

My Question :

I would like to create another defined class that will gather them all; to say
if something is a union of the above classes, it means it belongs to a certain
rule type. But as soon as I want to create a class that lists union of A1 and
A2 as its field (without even adding the C1) I get errors when running Fact++.

I would EXTREMELY appreciate if someone could explain to me how I can write a
class that identifies a rule with above properties to belong to a certain
class.

Thank you
Lisa