[protege-owl] OWL individuals

Eugenio Tacchini eugenio.tacchini at
Fri Apr 20 02:51:12 PDT 2007

At 11.25 19/04/2007 -0700, you wrote:
 >Oops - there is of course another anomaly.  Use rdf:about and you will
 >get the name you really wanted.

first of all, thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure I have got exactly what you mean:

1) rdf:resource can't be used for individuals but only for property
and restriction values (and maybe something else)? If yes, I don't
understand why that piece of code passes the validator test

2) I can't use ID, I don't want this absolute URI for the individual:
but this one:
and I can't specify an absolute URI using ID if the URI doesn't
contain the # character

3) I have tried rdf:about and it works well, I thought that rdf:about
could be used just together with description but now I guess it's
different, so:
is ok?

I can say that:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="cars"/>