[protege-owl] Detecting change in restriction values for datatype property

reymonet at irit.fr reymonet at irit.fr
Fri Apr 20 05:43:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am having some problems figuring out how to detect any change in the
String value restricting a given Datatype property on a concept. Let's
imagine a concept "Dog" with a datatype property "maximumSize" which is
restricted to different values according to the subclass ("BigDog",
"SmallDog"...). I'm trying to spot every time when one of the values is
modified by the user.

For that purpose, I use a ModelAdapter as a listener for my OWLModel and I
have seen that modifying such a datatype property restriction value
triggers the calling of the "void individualCreated(RDFResource)" (then
individualDeleted) method. However, the RDFResource returned in this case
can be casted to edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.SimpleInstance, ie an
instance which is not a class, a slot, or a facet. As a consequence, how
can I check whether the modification has really been made on the
restriction value of "maximumSize"? Is it even possible? Thanks in
advance,

Axel Reymonet

PS : please do not focus on the example given, I made it artificially for
confidentiality issues.