[protege-owl] Question regarding restrictions for OWL classes

catinca golesteanu golesteanu_catinca at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 08:15:00 PDT 2007

Hello,

I want to describe design patterns using an ontology. I attached the first draft of my ontology.

I am not satisfied with the restrictions from the CompositePattern_CompositeClass.
Now I have:
CompositePattern_CompositeClass is a UMLClass and it exists
isUMLChildOf some (inverse_of_isUMLComposedFrom some UMLClass)

I would like to have a more strong restriction and to say that an Instance  of UMLClass becomes instance of CompositeClass, if it is an UMLClass and if it isUMLChildOf another UMLClass instance, which is inverse_of_isUMLComposedFrom the SAME Instance of UMLClass.
In my concret example, "Index" would become instance of CompositeClass because it isUMLChildOf "File", which is inverse_of_isUMLComposedFrom "Index".
I use Protege 3.2.1 for editing the ontologie. How can I write this restriction?

Thanks a lot,
Catinca Golesteanu