[protege-owl] Defining same individuals and a question in defined classes

Anita anita.th2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 22:47:08 PDT 2007

Hello everyone

I am working on a small search utility in Protege 3.2.1. Below are the list of
my classes and properties:

Class Sports - individuals: soccer, football and basketball
Class Country - individuals: England, Brazil ,U.S.A., France

Class KeyWord - individuals: Ind1football(keyValue football), Ind2France
(keyValue France), Ind3Englandfootball (keyValue England and football - 2
values)

under KeyWord class I have 3 defined classes :

SportsKeyWord : keyValue only Sports (plus KeyWord - both in necessary and
sufficient  section)

CountryKeyWord : keyValue only country (plus KeyWord - both in necessary and
sufficient  section)

InternationalSports : keyValue some (Sports OR Country) (plus KeyWord - both
in necessary and sufficient  section)

I also the property:
keyValue : Domain KeyWord , Range Sports + Country.

Question 1 : How can I define soccer and football to be equivalent
individuals ? If I use sameAs , Pellet generates errors and ignores them.

Question 2: After using Pellet to infer individuals, all the 3 individuals are
referred under InternationalSports ; how can I make Ind1football to also be
referred under SportsKeyWord ? how to do the same for Ind2France, to make it
also be referred under CountryKeyWord as well ?

I'd be deeply grateful for your help.

Thank you
Anita