[protege-owl] SWRL evaluation without DIG 1.0?

Jane Eisenstein janee at softweave.com
Thu Apr 26 09:05:32 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Mike Waters wrote:

> what are these additional restrictions to your datatype values?
> There are a number of reasoner projects hosted on SemWebCentral, so
> you could start there, but knowing the particular functionality
> required would permit a more focussed assistance.

I am primarily looking for a SWRL rule engine that does not use DIG
1.0 to move data in and out. It is my understanding that the Protege
Jess SWRLRuleEngineBridge does depend on DIG 1.0 for this.

My ontology includes necessary and sufficient conditions that depend
on particular datatype values. For example, an
EndocrinologyProviderSpecialtyCode is defined having the value "ENDO":

   <owl:Class rdf:about="#EndocrinologyProviderSpecialtyCode">
     <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="#OncologyProviderSpecialtyCode"/>
     <owl:disjointWith>
       <owl:Class rdf:about="#CardiologyProviderSpecialtyCode"/>
     </owl:disjointWith>
     <owl:equivalentClass>
       <owl:Class>
         <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
           <owl:Class rdf:about="#ProviderSpecialtyCode"/>
           <owl:Restriction>
             <owl:hasValue rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema#string"
             >ENDO</owl:hasValue>
             <owl:onProperty>
               <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="#hasCode"/>
             </owl:onProperty>
           </owl:Restriction>
         </owl:intersectionOf>
       </owl:Class>
     </owl:equivalentClass>
   </owl:Class>

Pellet 1.4 supports this. DIG 1.0 does not support this.