[protege-owl] problems getting started with protege-owl API

Abrami Géraldine geraldine.abrami at cemagref.fr
Thu Apr 26 09:36:46 PDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to learn how to use protégé-owl API, knowing that I have a very small (and old) experience with Java.

Actually I cannot pass the second page of the tutorial as I think I don't manage to load my *.jar files correctly into the project.

When I try to run such an instruction as ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(), the compiler can't go through the createJenaOWLModelFromURI() because it cannt find types and methods called within this method.

For instance it says that the method setOWLFileName() is not defined for the type JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory...

Or that it cannot resolve the type Project.

I am using Eclipse and have been trying all sorts of imports and building but I don't really know what I am doing.

Is there something of a clear step by step tutorial for the dumbs of how to set up a Protégé project in Eclipse somewhere?

Thanks very much!!!

Geraldine

Géraldine Abrami

UMR G-eau