[protege-owl] problem with loading protege plugins

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 26 11:52:27 PDT 2007

The class that you are missing is a library from protege.jar.  The
simple answer is to add more jar files to your classpath until you
don't get NoClassDefFoundErrors.

You should be aware that, as a plugin developer,  you are trying to
run protege in a different way than the end user will run protege.
When the end user double-clicks on the Protege icon, he will run java
with a classpath which includes little more than protege.jar.
Protege will then find your plugin and load the appropriate jars from
your plugin.  You will also need a plugin.properties file indicating
a dependence of your plugin on Protege owl and Protege will ensure
that the protege owl libraries are available to your plugin.  So
protege would take care of all of your classpath problems for you.
For more information see

	http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html.

However it is useful to be able to run protege directly from a
development environment so here is a web page that gives some
additional tips:

	http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CompileProtegeSourcesInIDE

-Timothy

So one thing to do is to start adding jars to your classpath until