[protege-owl] Table Ontologies needed

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Apr 26 16:35:25 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Leaelaf M Hailemariam wrote:

> Dear forum
>
> Is there a way of representing tables in Protege ontologies? I
> wanted to
> represent tables as objects so that I can do searches and
> computations on
> them.

There isn't any built-in table type.

You would have to model the tables themselves.

As long as you don't care about the order of the rows, it could be
fairly straightforward, if a bit tedious.

Create a Class Table.
Create a Class Row.
Create a FunctionalProperty for each column with domain Row and an
appropriate type.
Create an ObjectProperty hasRow with domain Table and range Row.

Make an instance of Table, and create instances for each row (filling
in the column values)  and add them to the table instance.

I don't know whether this structure will help you to do searches and
computations on the table.  What do you want to do with the tabular
information?