[protege-owl] Define some interval subclass

Nagy Attila nagy.attila.1984 at
Fri Apr 27 05:34:53 PDT 2007

I guess you can't put a restriction on a numeric data property being
"less" or "more" than a given value.

I have the very same problem with ages. I currently have age ranges as
instances, and they are linked through a transitive object property
called "fully_includes".

Here, you have another option. You can have two datatype properties
for a class: "min_weight" and "max_weight" with adequate fillers.
However, don't expect the reasoner to be able to anything with it. It
is up to the application that uses the ontology to handle this. I
don't have this option, since my age ranges are sometimes
noncontiguous, like "under 20 and above 60".

The problem with Juan's approach is that having a cardinality
restriction like "weight max 10" states that an object cannot have
more than 10 weights. This is obviously not what you want to express.