[protege-owl] problems getting started with protege-owl API

Abrami Géraldine geraldine.abrami at cemagref.fr
Fri Apr 27 08:23:55 PDT 2007

Well actually I said thank you a little bit quickly!!

I don't want to compile Protégé from Eclipse, I just want to use the Protégé-OWL API.

When I read the userguide, I don't understand what to do :

            - "you should download the source code from the Protégé subversion.." : ok I have downladed the source code but I don't know where to put it. Do I have to use it in Eclipse?

            - "select the Protégé installation folder as your project home" : does it mean that I have to set my workspace to my Protégé directory (c://program files/protégé.3.2.1) ?

            - "add all the JAR files from the installation to your project classpath" : this I don't know how to proceed with Eclipse (import, built-in..???). I have tried many things but it does not work.

            - "set your compiler output path to plugins/classes" : ???? what does it mean it Eclipse ?

A very stupid walkthrough will be much appreciated!

Thank you

Geraldine