[protege-owl] how can I retrieve instance of ontology by Protege-OWL API?

hong hong at dmu.ac.uk
Sat Apr 28 08:41:19 PDT 2007

Dear All,

I’m trying to write a java application which can perform some function like
instance retrieval from an ontology. For example, in family ontology, I
would like to retrieve the instance of person, who has a child called Tom,
has a friend called Jim, has nationality English and lives in China. The DL
assertion should be like: targetPerson≡Person∩hasChild(Tom)∩
hasFriend(Jim)∩hasNationality(English)∩liveIn(China), but I am not
familiar with Protégé-OWL API, so I don’t know how to translate this
assertion into program code by Protégé-OWL API. Could anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.

Hong