[protege-owl] inelegant visualization of owl class name in the jtree

hong hong at
Mon Apr 30 03:03:07 PDT 2007

(<classname>,FrameID(9:1962) is an instance of class DefaultSimpleInstance,
and DefaultSimpleInstance has a method getName(), you can get <classname> by
this getName() method. It will work. I just started using protégé-owl api,
so I am not sure if it is appropriate way. You can try.

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-owl-bounces at
[mailto:protege-owl-bounces at] On Behalf Of giuseppe
Sent: 30 April 2007 10:45
To: protege-owl at
Subject: [protege-owl] inelegant visualization of owl class name in the

i'm using the protégé-owl API to develop a little application.
i need to transfer the class taxonomy into a jtree for many reasons. So i
the DefaultMutableTreeNode and set the OWLNamedClass as the user object of
DefaultMutableTreeNode and then i add the root DefaultMutableTreeNode to the

jtree. in the jtree the names of the classes are like this "Cls
(<classname>,FrameID(9:1962)". i know this is due to the toString of the
OWLNamedClass but there's some way to visualize only <classname>?

Anyway i must use OWLNamedClass as user object of the

Thanks all.

protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at

Instructions for unsubscribing: